Protect Your Laptop: Heat & Your Laptop
During flaming hot days of summer, heat can be a big enemy to sophisticated and sensitive electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops. Batteries age faster in hot weather and overheating can destroy parts, freezing your device, cracking your screen or worse. There are a few things you can do to protect your laptop and other devices by keeping them cool.
- Know the right temperature. The range is quite wide. Apple warns that ambient temperatures above 95 degrees as damaging to iPhones and MacBooks. To protect your laptop, Apple recommends turning it off and storing in temperatures below 113 degrees.
- Keep your device out of direct sun and hot cars.
- Wait to use your device until it’s cooled off. This seems reasonable but you’d be surprised how many people try to use a hot device. Product your laptop and other gadgets by avoid this level of heat in the first place.
- Turn off battery-intensive programs such as video streaming and GPS tracking.
- Use a cooling stand.
- Shut down the device when not in use.
If your device is acting strange, running slow or feeling hotter than normal, contact ClickAway or stop in to one of our 5 locations in the Bay Area, California. We offer a free diagnosis on any device. Just ClickAway Repairs Computers some of the technology issues we see every day.