Broken Cell Phones & Other Fascinating Stats
72% of People Have a Broken Phone
Sometimes these breaks happen in the strangest ways possible. Including my dog ate it, violently sneezing and cracking it on my bedpost, using it as a baseball, and my kid threw it out of a car window. What are some of the strange ways you’ve had a broken phone?
A Broken Phone Happens – Alot
The Average Time from Purchase to Break is Approximately 10 Weeks
At 10 weeks, that new phone is still brand spanking new, and a lot of breaks happen even before that. Most broken phone issues are related to a broken phone screen.
Americans Break 2 Phone Screens Every Second
74% of Smartphone Damage is Caused by Dropping on the Ground
The classic arch nemesis of your phone’s screen: the ground. The few seconds of panic as you helplessly watch your phone fall to the ground are painstakingly long. And as you pick up your phone to see if it is cracked, your mind races through all of the worst-case scenarios. This has to be one of the most anxiety-inducing moments.
59% of Men Who Damaged Their Smartphone Did It in the Garage
Did you know that men are more likely to break their phones than women? According to studies, men are more likely to break their phones in the garage and on driveway than anywhere else. The garage is a dangerous place for your phone’s screen. Rock solid surfaces and heavy objects all around can do some serious harm to your phone, so it’s no surprise to see this number so high.
Other Fascinating Facts About Cell Phones
- There are more phones than people currently in the world. UN’s International Telecommunications Union (ITU) came out with a mind-blowing revelation on how many people own a phone. It seems that there are more phones on Earth now than there are people.
- 90% of mobile time is spent on apps. If you have been wondering, “What are all those people doing on their phones so much,” the answer is – using apps! With 2.2 million apps available on the App Store and 2.8 million more on the Google Play Store, it is no wonder why people are immersed in apps so much. Revenue from mobile apps, by the way, is expected to pass $900 billion by 2023.
- 92% of Americans believe that cell phone addiction is real. Experts now compare cell phone overuse with problems such as gambling, shopping, internet, and video game addictions. Around 60% of students in the US actually believe that they have a mobile phone addiction. What’s more, 71% sleep next to their phones, while 35% think about their cell phones as the first thing when they wake up, as opposed to 10% who think about their significant other.
- 79% of adults have their smartphones with them 22 hours a day. The latest report conducted by IDC Research states that adults almost never leave their homes without a cellphone and keep it close to them approximately 22 hours a day, on average. Many people prefer sleeping with their phones by their side, and 80% of smartphone users check their phones within 15 minutes after waking up. Advanced smartphones users stats say that adults spend 87 minutes on average on their phones by communicating or using social media between Monday-Thursday. This number jumps to 160 minutes for the period between Friday and Sunday.
- An average smartphone user has 63 interactions on their phones a day. Have you ever tried counting the number of times you check your phone during the day? According to recent findings, an average person casually checks their phone about 63 times a day. Even 87% of us do it one hour before going to bed, while 69% check smartphones within the first five minutes of waking up. Further smartphone usage stats say that 86% of people constantly check their phones while talking to friends, which can be pretty annoying if you are the other person in the conversation.
- 5+ hours of smartphone usage a day increases the chances of obesity. Recent health studies have revealed an alarming number of obese people in the world. The risk of obesity has increased by 43%, and much is to blame on the modern and unhealthy lifestyle many people are leading. Cell phone usage statistics coincide with this trend, and many doctors suggest that the prime cause for obesity are computers and handheld devices. Some doctors go as far as to say that cell phones and their overuse are the prime cause for some people getting overweight.
- Kids get their first mobile device around the age of 12. The latest research reveals that 56% of children aged between 8 and 12 have a cell phone. It becomes even more fascinating to know that 21% of kids who are eight or younger use a smartphone. Dads are the ones more likely to agree on giving their children smartphones as opposed to moms.
- 72% of internet users will access the web solely via smartphones by 2025. The World Advertising Research Center (WARC) recently came up with a very bold prediction. It forecasted that by 2025, almost three quarters (72.6%) of internet users will access the internet using their smartphones.
opens in a new windowClickAway provides Phone Repair, Computer Repair, Laptop Repair, Apple Mac Repair, IT managed services and network installation and cabling. Trusted by 750,000 customers since 2002. We beat or match lowest prices in computer sales, repair, Apple repair, home and business networking, virus removal, data recovery and smart home services. Free in-store diagnostics. Our goal is to maximize the level of satisfaction our customers derive from their home and business devices. Because we are a value-added reseller for Apple, Samsung, Dell, HP, IBM, and other major manufacturers we offer an unbeatable combination of great pricing and unparalleled customer service. We support our customers and our products even after the sale is complete.