Most of us spend a large amount of time with our cell phones. The majority of the time we’re scrolling through social media, clicking on pictures and video, making video calls and messing with phone apps. All these activities use processing power, internet connection, location gps data and a whole lot more. The activities, in turn, consume battery, draining your cell phone quickly.
Why is my phone battery draining so fast?
These are the primary reasons why you’re experiencing fast phone battery draining:
- Keeping your phone screen brightness on maximum
- Turning on notifications for all the apps
- Keeping your WiFi on all the time
- Apps running in the background
- Hardware issues
How can I reduce battery drain on my phone?
- Let the display on your cell phone turn off sooner
- Reduce brightness of screen
- Set brightness to change automatically
- Turn off keyboard sounds or vibrations
- Restrict notifications on unnecessary apps
- Turn on adaptive battery or battery optimization
- Delete unused accounts and apps
How can I check which app is draining my Android phone’s battery?
In most versions of Android, go to Settings>Battery>View Detailed Usage. This allows you to see a list of all apps along with the percentage depicting battery usage.
Why is my phone’s battery draining when not in use?
There are certain processes running in the background that slowly drain the battery even when you are not using your cell phone. This is normal. As your battery ages and wears out, it’s also likely to drain faster. Ask opens in a new windowClickAway about cell phone battery replacements. ClickAway can also do a free basic diagnosis on your phone to see the status of your current cell phone battery draining issue.