As you browse the Internet, most web page data is cached locally on your computer to help pages load faster, and to reduce the amount of data transferred over your Internet connection. But you can clear internet browser history or clear cache easily.
To help keep your browsing history private, and to free up disk space on your computer, you can clear your local browsing history. NOTE: Once the history is deleted on your computer, it cannot be recovered.
Chrome & Internet Browser History
View your browsing history in Chrome
- In any Chrome window, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+H, or navigate to the URL chrome://history.
- Or, click the Menu button, which is located near the top-right side of the browser window, and choose History, then History again.
Clear your browsing history in Chrome
- Click the Menu button , choose More tools and then Clear browsing data. Or, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Del.
- Select what data you’d like to clear from your history using the drop-down menu and check the appropriate boxes. When you’re ready to clear your history, click Clear data.
Safari is the default web browser on Apple’s macOS and iOS operating systems. Although it was previously available for Microsoft Windows, as of 2012, Apple no longer supports Safari on Windows.
View your browsing history in Safari
- Open the Safari browser.
- Click the History menu at the top of the screen. The menu lists recent pages from your browsing history, which you can navigate to by clicking them. To edit your history or view it in detail, click Show All History.
Clear your browsing history in Safari
- Open the Show All History view. To delete individual history items, right-click them and select Delete, or press Delete to clear selected history items.
More training Tips From ClickAway
Stop in or make an appointment at your nearest ClickAway computer store for a training session on any computer use topic of your choice.