iPad Screen Repair - Get a Free Diagnostic Today!
Life happens, and when it happens to your iPad or other tablet brands, ClickAway is your local repair company to call for help. We specialize in FAST iPad repairs including iPad mini as well as other tablets like Galaxy tab. ClickAway is the best tablet repair service in San Jose, CA and the Bay Area. Don't let accidental damage to your iPad stop you from using it.
Let’s answer the question “how to check iPad battery health?” If you’re like a lot of us, you relentlessly charge your iPad even if doing so might be hurting the iPad battery over the long-term. You think to yourself, “It needs to stay charged,” as you look over at your iPad left plugged in for the last several days or weeks. But does it?
Troubleshooting steps – how to check iPad battery health
One of the best forms of preventative maintenance you can easily carry out for your iPad is to periodically check its battery health. Not the number in the upper-right corner of your screen that shows you how much juice you have left as a percentage. We mean the more detailed look into how your iPad battery is faring overall.
While there’s not much you can do if your battery is really dying, except an iPad battery replacement, at least you’ll know if your device is approaching weak status or that your charging habits might be wrong. With luck, you’ll notice a dying battery while your device is still under warranty, so your battery replacement will be free. Of course ClickAway tablet repair technicians are always here to – for free.
Unlike the iPhone, Apple doesn’t have a feature to check iPad battery status. The only battery health display for iPads is from a few third party sources. We use opens in a new windowCoconut Battery. The value does go up and down and seems to be temperature dependent to some degree. The developer says that it’s more of a live reading that can fluctuate but at least it gives you some idea. opens in a new windowClickAway can also check iPad battery health for you. Ask about our free basic diagnostic.
- Download, install, and open coconutBattery.
- Connect your iPad to your Mac. If you upgrade to coconutBattery Plus, you can connect via Wi-Fi.
- The first tab shows information about your Mac’s battery health. Click iOS Device to check your iPad battery health.
- CoconutBattery delivers valuable current and historical data about your iPad’s battery, but the key things to check to assess battery health are Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity.
Design Capacity is the maximum charge that the battery could hold when it was brand new, measured in milliamps (mAh). Full Charge Capacity is the current maximum charge it can have.
Look at the bar beneath Design Capacity. The closer the number is to 100%, the better battery health your iPad has. As that number drops to 80% and below, consider a new battery (or new iPad).
iMazing is another app that works similarly to coconutBattery but delivers even more useful info.
Why Check iPad Battery Health?
If your iPad is more than a year or so old, it’s a good idea to check its battery health now and then. While the iPad battery usually lasts for a couple of years at total capacity and then ever longer holding less of a charge, some batteries die quicker than others. If your iPad battery health is terrible, you’ll need to take action sooner to prevent your iPad from becoming unusable.
Tablet Repair For iPad and Android - as low as $49
Repair Service While You Wait
iPad & Other Tablet Repairs
- Broken Tablet Screen / Glass
- Tablet Water Damage Repair
- Tablet Charging Issues
- iPad Screen Repair
- FREE In-store Diagnostics
- Tablet Cases
- Tablet Chargers
- Tablet Docking Stations
- And More...
opens in a new window
Video has ambient sounds only. No speaking
Your Place or Ours?
We can come to your home or business.
Best iPad Screen Repair
Our certified technicians can do an iPad screen repair in under an hour, getting you out of our conveniently-located stores and back to texting, talking, and surfing. We only use Original Equipment Manufacturer parts, and guarantee all our repairs. Having a cracked screen can be dangerous, and can lead to a lot of other problems: it can let in water, dust, and other particulate matter that can fry the interior, destroying your tablet altogether. Get to a ClickAway before that happens.
If your tablet is damaged, there’s only one place to turn: ClickAway, the Northern California’s leading computer repair and iPad repair shop. Our expert, friendly technicians can diagnose your problem and let you know all your available options, including in-store repair. When your tablet is broken, you can despair—or you can come to ClickAway. Contact one of our 6 California locations today to make an appointment, request a quote, or find a store near you!
iPad problems, other than iPad Screen Repair, and how to fix them
- Call us! Our certified technicians will give you a quick estimate over the phone and verify parts availability.
- Visit us! The faster you get your tablet to us, the sooner we can start the repair! We have 6 California locations, or we can arrange pickup and delivery.
- Pickup your freshly repaired tablet! Many repairs can be completed the same day and while you wait. As soon as we've completed the repair, we'll call you too! opens in a new windowJust look at some of the technology we've repaired since 2002.
iPad running slowly
One common cause of an iPad running slowly maybe your network connection. Many apps require an internet connection to work properly. If you are in a moving vehicle or in a crowded place your iPad may have trouble connecting to a tower or the network may be congested with other people using the Wi-Fi.
If you are experiencing a slow connection because you are in a car or in a crowd you may just have to wait it out and try again later. If neither of these is the case there are other solutions you can try to speed things up.
- Make sure your iPad is not too hot or cold. Extremes of temperature can affect run speed, so get your device back to room temperature and see if that helps it to run more quickly.
- Check your available storage space. If you find you have less than 1GB remaining your iPad may be functioning more slowly than it should. Go to the Settings app and delete or offload any apps you are not currently using.
- It may be an app that is causing the device to run slowly. If an app is not responding, you can force it to quit. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then hold the app in the center of the screen. Swipe left or right to force quit the app.
- If your iPad is still running slowly, turn it off and reboot it. If even that doesn’t help you may want to consider contacting Apple Support.
Apps keep crashing
Sometimes apps just don’t work properly. They may not open, run, or they freeze or crash unexpectedly. There are a few solutions you can try to get the app working again.
- Close the app and reopen it. You may have to force quit the app to do this. Swipe up from the bottom and hold the app in the center of the screen, then swipe left or right to close it.
- Make sure you are running the latest update of your operating system. If not, install the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If there is an update available select Download & Install Now.
- Even if your operating system is updated you may need to update the app that is giving you trouble. Open the App Store app and tap on your picture or initials in the upper-righthand corner. You’ll see a list of your apps with available updates. Tap Update All.
- Restart your device and check to see if the app works more smoothly after the device turns back on.
- If none of these troubleshooting tasks work you may need to offload the app and reinstall it.
Brrr. There’s nothing quite so frustrating as having your screen freeze on you when you are in the middle of sending an email or saving a blog post you’ve been working on. The solutions to screen freezing are the same as those for a slow running iPad, but you can also force restart by trying the following steps.
- If your iPad has Face ID, press the Volume Up button and release it. Then press and release the Volume Down button. Finally, hold the Power button down until the device restarts.
- If you have an earlier version, press the Home button and hold it while pressing the Top or Side buttons at the same time. The Apple logo will appear and the device will restart.
- If you still need help contact Apple Support for assistance.
Won’t power on
You’ve pressed the Home button. You’ve pressed it again. You cross your fingers and try it one more time and still your iPad will not power on.
You may be tempted to throw it against the wall, but don’t. There are steps you can take to get your iPad powering on once again.
- Follow the steps above to force quit and restart your device.
- If the force restart doesn’t work, try plugging in your device and let it charge for at least an hour.
- If your iPad starts to power on but gets stuck, plug it into a computer and follow the steps above to force restart to fix a frozen screen. When you get the option to Update or Restore select the Update function.
No Wi-Fi connection
There could be a few reasons for this, but there are solutions you can try.
- Make sure you are not too far away from the router. You may just be out of range, so move closer and make sure the router is turned on.
- Check your settings to be sure your Wi-Fi is toggled to On. Enter your Wi-Fi password if needed.
- Check your Settings to see if there is an issue with the Wi-Fi connection. Your iPad may alert you to issues it detects with the Wi-Fi service or connection.
- Examine the hardware of your router. Once you have made certain it is on, check the cables and be sure the router is connected to the modem.
- Try resetting your network settings on your device. Go to Settings > Reset and choose Reset Network Settings. This will reset passwords as well so you will need to re-enter them as needed.
- If all else fails restart your device, and contact your internet provider if the issue persists.
Beyond iPad Screen Repair
ClickAway is a full-service computer repair, phone repair, network installation and IT services company. Above all, we provide professional and helpful customer care for all your home, personal, or small business technology needs. ClickAway combines all your tech needs in one stop. Just opens in a new windowwatch some of the issues our technicians face every day.
Let our certified technicians help you.
We make your tech buys more secure.
We can come to your home or business.