iPad Screen Repair - Free Basic Diagnostic
Life happens, and when it happens to your iPad or other tablet brands, ClickAway is your local iPad screen repair company to call for help. We specialize in FAST iPad repair including iPad mini as well as other tablets like Galaxy tab. ClickAway is the best tablet repair service in San Jose, CA and the Bay Area. Don't let a cracked screen on your iPad stop you from using it. Ask for a free diagnostic today.
NEWS - Apple is finally allowing consumers to buy parts for repair. That doesn't mean you're comfortable installing them. ClickAway can do it fast and cost effectively. Get a quote now.
iPad Screen Repair Near Me - FAQs
Why You Should Clear Cache On iPad & How To Do It
Deleting Safari cache can help when a website doesn’t work correctly and clearing data will free up extra space, but can make websites load slower.
Apple iPad is a tablet, but in many ways it works like a computer. This means that some of the same steps that help a computer keep running smoothly, may also help an iPad. In particular, the web browser, Safari, is such a frequently used app, that it might be more likely to experience trouble. Clear cache on iPad is a good way to get a fresh start when something goes wrong.
Apple advanced the usefulness of the iPad significantly when it made its Safari web browser behave like a desktop Mac browser. This means that most every website will behave the same on an iPad as it does on an iMac, MacBook or Mac Pro. Of course, part of the normal computer experience is using a mouse and physical keyboard. That can be done on an iPad now also, but Apple took care to offer most of the functionality of a mouse while using the touchscreen. Websites may have a different layout on an iPad, but this is a matter of the screen dimensions, not the browser. Apple does allow the user to change the zoom level, which can help if a particular website isn’t presented well.
Deleting the opens in a new windowSafari cache is a good idea in instances that a website appears to be out of date. It may also help when a website isn’t performing correctly. A cache is made up of images, videos and other data that websites use to display the contents of a page. Clearing these stored files will free up extra space. It should be noted though that a frequently visited website will load more slowly if its cache is cleared. That is why it’s important to think about whether to clear cache on iPad entirely or only for certain websites.
Clearing the Safari cache is easy to do using the Settings app. The controls are in the Safari section, which can be found by scrolling down or by searching Settings for Safari. To search Settings, open the app and swipe down on the left side until the search box appears. When the Safari options are open, scrolling all the way to the bottom reveals the Advanced option. This is where a particular website’s data can be cleared, which is normally the best choice. In Advanced/Website Data, the storage used by each website is shown and the user can swipe left to reveal a Delete button.
If something is going wrong with multiple websites or the maximum amount of free space is needed, it will be easier to clear all website data. The entire cache can be cleared without going in to Advanced options. Instead, the button is in the outer Safari Settings page. Simply tap Clear History and Website Data and confirm to remove the cache. Note that this also clears website history, so make sure this more aggressive iPad clearing is needed before taking this step.
ClickAway Apple repair technicians are happy to answer any questions you have. If your tablet is damaged, there’s only one place to turn: ClickAway, the Northern California’s leading computer repair and iPad repair shop. Our expert, friendly technicians can diagnose your problem and let you know all your available options, including in-store repair. When your tablet is broken, you can despair—or you can come to ClickAway. Contact one of our 6 Bay Area locations today to make an appointment, request a quote, or find a store near you!
Tablet Repair For iPad and Android - as low as $79
iPad & Other Tablet Repairs
- Broken iPad Screen / Android Screen
- Tablet Water Damage Repair
- Tablet Charging Port Issues
- iPad Running Slow
- FREE In-store Diagnostics
- Tablet Cases
- Tablet Chargers
- Tablet Docking Stations
- And More...
Your Place or Ours?
We can come to your home or business.
Broken iPad Screen & Other Tablet Repair
Our certified technicians can do an iPad screen repair in under an hour, getting you out of our conveniently-located stores and back to texting, viewing, and surfing. We only use Original Equipment Manufacturer parts, and guarantee all broken iPad screen repairs, water damage repair and more. Having a cracked screen can be dangerous, and can lead to a lot of other problems: it can let in water, dust, and other particulate matter that can fry the interior, destroying your tablet altogether. Get to your iPad screen repair near me at ClickAway before that happens.
Perhaps you have a charge port problem. Turn to ClickAway for repair services for this and any iPad issue. ClickAway, the Northern California’s leading computer repair and iPad repair near me. Our expert, friendly technicians can diagnose your problem and let you know all your available options, including in-store repair. When your tablet is broken, you can despair—or you can come to ClickAway for top tablet repair services. Contact one of our 5 California locations today to get a fast free diagnostic and know the iPad screen repair cost before you decide to fix it.
iPad problems, other than iPad Screen Repair, and how to fix them
- Call us! Our certified technicians will give you a quick estimate over the phone and verify parts availability.
- Visit us! The faster you get your tablet to us, the sooner we can start the repair! We have 6 California locations, or we can arrange pickup and delivery.
- Pickup your freshly repaired tablet! Many repairs can be completed the same day and while you wait. As soon as we've completed the repair, we'll call you too! Just look at some of the technology we've repaired since 2002.
iPad running slowly
One common cause of an iPad running slowly maybe your network connection. Many apps require an internet connection to work properly. If you are in a moving vehicle or in a crowded place your iPad may have trouble connecting to a tower or the network may be congested with other people using the Wi-Fi.
If you are experiencing a slow connection because you are in a car or in a crowd you may just have to wait it out and try again later. If neither of these is the case there are other solutions you can try to speed things up.
- Make sure your iPad is not too hot or cold. Extremes of temperature can affect run speed, so get your device back to room temperature and see if that helps it to run more quickly.
- Check your available storage space. If you find you have less than 1GB remaining your iPad may be functioning more slowly than it should. Go to the Settings app and delete or offload any apps you are not currently using.
- It may be an app that is causing the device to run slowly. If an app is not responding, you can force it to quit. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then hold the app in the center of the screen. Swipe left or right to force quit the app.
- If your iPad is still running slowly, turn it off and reboot it. If even that doesn’t help you may want to consider contacting Apple Support.
Apps keep crashing
Sometimes apps just don’t work properly. They may not open, run, or they freeze or crash unexpectedly. There are a few solutions you can try to get the app working again.
- Close the app and reopen it. You may have to force quit the app to do this. Swipe up from the bottom and hold the app in the center of the screen, then swipe left or right to close it.
- Make sure you are running the latest update of your operating system. If not, install the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If there is an update available select Download & Install Now.
- Even if your operating system is updated you may need to update the app that is giving you trouble. Open the App Store app and tap on your picture or initials in the upper-righthand corner. You’ll see a list of your apps with available updates. Tap Update All.
- Restart your device and check to see if the app works more smoothly after the device turns back on.
- If none of these troubleshooting tasks work you may need to offload the app and reinstall it.
Brrr. There’s nothing quite so frustrating as having your screen freeze on you when you are in the middle of sending an email or saving a blog post you’ve been working on. The solutions to screen freezing are the same as those for a slow running iPad, but you can also force restart by trying the following steps.
- If your iPad has Face ID, press the Volume Up button and release it. Then press and release the Volume Down button. Finally, hold the Power button down until the device restarts.
- If you have an earlier version, press the Home button and hold it while pressing the Top or Side buttons at the same time. The Apple logo will appear and the device will restart.
- If you still need help contact Apple Support for assistance.
Won’t power on
You’ve pressed the Home button. You’ve pressed it again. You cross your fingers and try it one more time and still your iPad will not power on.
You may be tempted to throw it against the wall, but don’t. There are steps you can take to get your iPad powering on once again.
- Follow the steps above to force quit and restart your device.
- If the force restart doesn’t work, try plugging in your device and let it charge for at least an hour.
- If your iPad starts to power on but gets stuck, plug it into a computer and follow the steps above to force restart to fix a frozen screen. When you get the option to Update or Restore select the Update function.
No Wi-Fi connection
There could be a few reasons for this, but there are solutions you can try.
- Make sure you are not too far away from the router. You may just be out of range, so move closer and make sure the router is turned on.
- Check your settings to be sure your Wi-Fi is toggled to On. Enter your Wi-Fi password if needed.
- Check your Settings to see if there is an issue with the Wi-Fi connection. Your iPad may alert you to issues it detects with the Wi-Fi service or connection.
- Examine the hardware of your router. Once you have made certain it is on, check the cables and be sure the router is connected to the modem.
- Try resetting your network settings on your device. Go to Settings > Reset and choose Reset Network Settings. This will reset passwords as well so you will need to re-enter them as needed.
- If all else fails restart your device, and contact your internet provider if the issue persists.
Beyond iPad Screen Repair
ClickAway is a full-service computer repair, phone repair, network installation and IT services company. Above all, we provide professional and helpful customer care for all your home, personal, or small business technology needs. ClickAway combines all your tech needs in one stop. Just watch some of the issues our technicians face every day.
Let our certified technicians help you.
We make your tech buys more secure.
We can come to your home or business.