iPad Screen Repair - Free Basic Diagnostic
Life happens, and when it happens to your iPad or other tablet brands, ClickAway is your local iPad screen repair company to call for help. We specialize in FAST iPad repair including iPad mini as well as other tablets like Galaxy tab. ClickAway is the best tablet repair service in San Jose, CA and the Bay Area. Don't let a cracked screen on your iPad stop you from using it. Ask for a free diagnostic today.
NEWS - Apple is finally allowing consumers to buy parts for repair. That doesn't mean you're comfortable installing them. ClickAway can do it fast and cost effectively. Get a quote now.
iPad Screen Repair Near Me - FAQs
How to fix a phone that won’t charge – Try these steps
It has been a long and busy day. You get home with a nearly dead cell phone battery and finally plug it in, only to find out the thing isn’t charging anymore! Cell phone repair issues are annoying, but don’t lose hope just yet. Here are some quick solutions you can try to fix a phone that won’t charge.
Is your cable in good condition?
A phone charging problem could be due to many reasons, but the cable is one of the first things to check. Especially if it’s an accessory you’ve had for a long time, possibly since the phone was purchased. Our cables go through plenty of torture. They go with you to many places, not to mention we can often step or trip on them, they often get tangled up, we throw them in bags carelessly, use them as an emergency dog leash, and so on.
Inspect your charging cable thoroughly and see if there are any clear signs of damage. Any rips, bends, cuts, or general damage will be a good reason for cables not functioning correctly. Also, try to charge another device with it and see if it works. If it does, the issue might be the device. You can also try using another cable to see if it will charge your cell phone battery.
How about the adapter?
Of course, the wall phone charger is just as important as the cable and could be a fast way to fix a phone that won’t charge. Go ahead and put it through the paces. Inspect it for any obvious damage. Cracks or bent outlets are obvious red flags. Likewise, try using it with other devices and switching it with another brick to see if this is the problem.
Check your charging port
If your cable and charger work with other devices, then it’s time to start looking at your phone. A common culprit is the charging port. For starters, go ahead and check if there is any dirt or debris in the port. Something as simple as a dirty port will mess up your charging. You can try cleaning it with a brush or compressed air.
Have you noticed the port feeling loose lately? Ports can get work out with excessive usage. You could also find signs of corrosion in there. This is a good time to use the free basic diagnostic at ClickAway to get that checked out and repaired.
Test a wireless charger
Given that your phone supports wireless charging, and you have a wireless charger, this is an easy way to test if the problem is related to the phone or accessories. Try to charge your phone with a wireless charger. This could also be a temporary solution to keep your phone working until you figure out the problem and get it fixed.
Try a different power source
Plug something else into the same outlet you’re trying to charge your phone with and see if it works. Sometimes outlets go bad, or a section of your home might be having electric problems.
Additionally, some power sources can be weak. Those trying to charge using a USB port in a computer or power strip might not be getting the juice the smartphone needs to charge properly. Move to a regular outlet and see if this gets rid of your charging woes.
Turn your phone off or restart
This is a magical fix for all things tech, and it works most of the time. Sometimes a simple restart will get all your phone’s gears in place and have it working properly. Turning off your phone completely might also help your cell phone battery charge better. Any heavy usage or background processes can affect charging performance. Turning your phone off will leave all resources clear so that your device can solely focus on charging.
Can you replace the battery?
Cell phones with a removable battery are rare these days, but if you still have one of these gems, you could try a few steps to fix a phone that won’t charge. For starters, trying something like removing the battery and putting it back in place might get everything working again. Aside from that, you could have ClickAway install a brand new battery to replace the old one.
Did you completely deplete your battery?
Your phone needs at least a bit of power to continue operating correctly. Devices actually turn off a bit before the battery reaches zero, just so they can have some energy to manage things next time you turn them on, or even while turned off, charging. It’s common to run into problems when you deplete batteries completely. Luckily, those in this position are the luckiest of the bunch, as it’s not really a serious problem to deal with.
You’ll have to be more patient and leave the phone plugged in for a longer time. Eventually, the phone will wake itself back up and start receiving a charge. You can try a soft reset, which is done by pressing the power button for 30 seconds.
Check for software updates
A simple solution to fix a phone that won’t charge might be to check for software updates. Of course, this is given you actually have some power to go through the upgrading process. Just go to Settings > System > Advanced > System Update > Check for Update. Follow instructions to upgrade if an update is available.
If all else fails, maybe it’s time for you to reach out to a professional and try to get it fixed. Otherwise, you can get yourself a new phone. We hope these steps helped to figure out how to fix a phone that won’t charge. Check out our other fixes for cell phone repair issues. ClickAway has been a top rated Diamond Certified cell phone repair service for 17 years.
Let’s answer the question “how to check iPad battery health?” If you’re like a lot of us, you relentlessly charge your iPad even if doing so might be hurting the iPad battery over the long-term. You think to yourself, “It needs to stay charged,” as you look over at your iPad left plugged in for the last several days or weeks. But does it?
Troubleshooting steps – how to check iPad battery health
One of the best forms of preventative maintenance you can easily carry out for your iPad is to periodically check its battery health. Not the number in the upper-right corner of your screen that shows you how much juice you have left as a percentage. We mean the more detailed look into how your iPad battery is faring overall.
While there’s not much you can do if your battery is really dying, except an iPad battery replacement, at least you’ll know if your device is approaching weak status or that your charging habits might be wrong. With luck, you’ll notice a dying battery while your device is still under warranty, so your battery replacement will be free. Of course ClickAway tablet repair technicians are always here to – for free.
Unlike the iPhone, Apple doesn’t have a feature to check iPad battery status. The only battery health display for iPads is from a few third party sources. We use Coconut Battery. The value does go up and down and seems to be temperature dependent to some degree. The developer says that it’s more of a live reading that can fluctuate but at least it gives you some idea. ClickAway can also check iPad battery health for you. Ask about our free basic diagnostic.
- Download, install, and open coconutBattery.
- Connect your iPad to your Mac. If you upgrade to coconutBattery Plus, you can connect via Wi-Fi.
- The first tab shows information about your Mac’s battery health. Click iOS Device to check your iPad battery health.
- CoconutBattery delivers valuable current and historical data about your iPad’s battery, but the key things to check to assess battery health are Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity.
Design Capacity is the maximum charge that the battery could hold when it was brand new, measured in milliamps (mAh). Full Charge Capacity is the current maximum charge it can have.
Look at the bar beneath Design Capacity. The closer the number is to 100%, the better battery health your iPad has. As that number drops to 80% and below, consider a new battery (or new iPad).
iMazing is another app that works similarly to coconutBattery but delivers even more useful info.
Why Check iPad Battery Health?
If your iPad is more than a year or so old, it’s a good idea to check its battery health now and then. While the iPad battery usually lasts for a couple of years at total capacity and then ever longer holding less of a charge, some batteries die quicker than others. If your iPad battery health is terrible, you’ll need to take action sooner to prevent your iPad from becoming unusable.
Most of us spend a large amount of time with our cell phones. The majority of the time we’re scrolling through social media, clicking on pictures and video, making video calls and messing with phone apps. All these activities use processing power, internet connection, location gps data and a whole lot more. The activities, in turn, consume battery, draining your cell phone quickly.
Why is my phone battery draining so fast?
These are the primary reasons why you’re experiencing fast phone battery draining:
- Keeping your phone screen brightness on maximum
- Turning on notifications for all the apps
- Keeping your WiFi on all the time
- Apps running in the background
- Hardware issues
How can I reduce battery drain on my phone?
- Let the display on your cell phone turn off sooner
- Reduce brightness of screen
- Set brightness to change automatically
- Turn off keyboard sounds or vibrations
- Restrict notifications on unnecessary apps
- Turn on adaptive battery or battery optimization
- Delete unused accounts and apps
How can I check which app is draining my Android phone’s battery?
In most versions of Android, go to Settings>Battery>View Detailed Usage. This allows you to see a list of all apps along with the percentage depicting battery usage.
Why is my phone’s battery draining when not in use?
There are certain processes running in the background that slowly drain the battery even when you are not using your cell phone. This is normal. As your battery ages and wears out, it’s also likely to drain faster. Ask ClickAway about cell phone battery replacements. ClickAway can also do a free basic diagnosis on your phone to see the status of your current cell phone battery draining issue.
Getting the best battery life laptop
Another common problem that laptop owners face is a battery that keeps draining too quickly. Using our remote support service, we can identify what services and components are causing the power drain. We can then consult with you about which of these features of your laptop you need and which can be dispensed with. This will allow you to extend battery life without unduly harming your laptop’s performance.
We walk you step-by-step through the process of disabling these services and components. This will give you the knowledge needed to re-enable these laptop features if you need them in the future. The best part (as mentioned earlier) we can do it remotely, in your home or office or in one of our convenient Northern California shops.
Only best battery life laptop can crush the most premium machines no matter how stacked their specs are, because laptops are useless if they can’t hold a charge.
We’re talking more than 13 hours of endurance, which should more than suffice for that cross-country flight, a long day of meetings or multiple, back-to-back classes. These laptops can be anything, from premium consumer laptops to business laptops to even gaming laptops, yes, gaming laptops, like the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14, which achieved more battery life than the 16-inch MacBook Pro thanks to its AMD Ryzen CPU.
With AMD pushing battery life as one of its key features, Intel has a ton of work cut out for it. A great laptop with single digit battery life is the HP Envy 14 (2021). A decent laptop with double digit battery life is the Huawei MateBook X Pro (2021). If you’re looking for a 2-in-1 business laptop, check out the Dell Latitude 7320.
At ClickAway, we take on a wide range of laptop problems at very fair prices, including finding you the best battery life laptop. Besides servicing the top major laptop brands. In addition, ClickAway fixes and designs custom-built computers. Our laptop screen replacement service is top notch, should you close the lip with something inside it and cracked the lcd screen.
How much to replace iPhone battery? AppleCare and Non
Make sure to dig into the data about your iPhone’s battery to determine if the replacement is even warranted. ClickAway’s free diagnosis is a good start. Rest assured, if you hang onto your iPhone long enough, a battery replacement will be warranted eventually. New batteries cost from $49 for older iPhones or $69 the X, XS, XS Max, and XR, if you go through Apple. Plus you may go without your iPhone for days if you don’t live near an Apple Store. You could go to a third-party repair shop like ClickAway. We recommend you choose a reputable service center that guarantees their parts.
More Details – How much to replace iPhone battery?
Modern lithium ion batteries are brilliant. They’re energy-dense, charge quickly, and rarely explode. However, they’re not perfect by a long shot. Unfortunately, modern smartphones such as the latest iPhones don’t have everlasting batteries. So if your iPhone battery has given up the ghost, is it worth the hassle and expense of replacing it and getting a new one installed?
It’s probably worth taking a minute to talk about when a battery needs replacement. With each charge cycle, lithium batteries begin to lose some part of their original capacity. At some point, this can progress to the extent that your device doesn’t last long enough to be of practical use. Lithium ion batteries also lose some of their ability to provide peak voltage and power. This is why Apple throttles iPhones with poor battery health, to prevent shutdowns that result from a battery that can’t output enough power. In either case, putting a brand-new battery into your phone is an option. Give us a call and we can tell you exactly how much to replace iPhone battery you have now.
Tablet Repair For iPad and Android - as low as $79
iPad & Other Tablet Repairs
- Broken iPad Screen / Android Screen
- Tablet Water Damage Repair
- Tablet Charging Port Issues
- iPad Running Slow
- FREE In-store Diagnostics
- Tablet Cases
- Tablet Chargers
- Tablet Docking Stations
- And More...
Your Place or Ours?
We can come to your home or business.
Broken iPad Screen & Other Tablet Repair
Our certified technicians can do an iPad screen repair in under an hour, getting you out of our conveniently-located stores and back to texting, viewing, and surfing. We only use Original Equipment Manufacturer parts, and guarantee all broken iPad screen repairs, water damage repair and more. Having a cracked screen can be dangerous, and can lead to a lot of other problems: it can let in water, dust, and other particulate matter that can fry the interior, destroying your tablet altogether. Get to your iPad screen repair near me at ClickAway before that happens.
Perhaps you have a charge port problem. Turn to ClickAway for repair services for this and any iPad issue. ClickAway, the Northern California’s leading computer repair and iPad repair near me. Our expert, friendly technicians can diagnose your problem and let you know all your available options, including in-store repair. When your tablet is broken, you can despair—or you can come to ClickAway for top tablet repair services. Contact one of our 5 California locations today to get a fast free diagnostic and know the iPad screen repair cost before you decide to fix it.
iPad problems, other than iPad Screen Repair, and how to fix them
- Call us! Our certified technicians will give you a quick estimate over the phone and verify parts availability.
- Visit us! The faster you get your tablet to us, the sooner we can start the repair! We have 6 California locations, or we can arrange pickup and delivery.
- Pickup your freshly repaired tablet! Many repairs can be completed the same day and while you wait. As soon as we've completed the repair, we'll call you too! Just look at some of the technology we've repaired since 2002.
iPad running slowly
One common cause of an iPad running slowly maybe your network connection. Many apps require an internet connection to work properly. If you are in a moving vehicle or in a crowded place your iPad may have trouble connecting to a tower or the network may be congested with other people using the Wi-Fi.
If you are experiencing a slow connection because you are in a car or in a crowd you may just have to wait it out and try again later. If neither of these is the case there are other solutions you can try to speed things up.
- Make sure your iPad is not too hot or cold. Extremes of temperature can affect run speed, so get your device back to room temperature and see if that helps it to run more quickly.
- Check your available storage space. If you find you have less than 1GB remaining your iPad may be functioning more slowly than it should. Go to the Settings app and delete or offload any apps you are not currently using.
- It may be an app that is causing the device to run slowly. If an app is not responding, you can force it to quit. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then hold the app in the center of the screen. Swipe left or right to force quit the app.
- If your iPad is still running slowly, turn it off and reboot it. If even that doesn’t help you may want to consider contacting Apple Support.
Apps keep crashing
Sometimes apps just don’t work properly. They may not open, run, or they freeze or crash unexpectedly. There are a few solutions you can try to get the app working again.
- Close the app and reopen it. You may have to force quit the app to do this. Swipe up from the bottom and hold the app in the center of the screen, then swipe left or right to close it.
- Make sure you are running the latest update of your operating system. If not, install the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If there is an update available select Download & Install Now.
- Even if your operating system is updated you may need to update the app that is giving you trouble. Open the App Store app and tap on your picture or initials in the upper-righthand corner. You’ll see a list of your apps with available updates. Tap Update All.
- Restart your device and check to see if the app works more smoothly after the device turns back on.
- If none of these troubleshooting tasks work you may need to offload the app and reinstall it.
Brrr. There’s nothing quite so frustrating as having your screen freeze on you when you are in the middle of sending an email or saving a blog post you’ve been working on. The solutions to screen freezing are the same as those for a slow running iPad, but you can also force restart by trying the following steps.
- If your iPad has Face ID, press the Volume Up button and release it. Then press and release the Volume Down button. Finally, hold the Power button down until the device restarts.
- If you have an earlier version, press the Home button and hold it while pressing the Top or Side buttons at the same time. The Apple logo will appear and the device will restart.
- If you still need help contact Apple Support for assistance.
Won’t power on
You’ve pressed the Home button. You’ve pressed it again. You cross your fingers and try it one more time and still your iPad will not power on.
You may be tempted to throw it against the wall, but don’t. There are steps you can take to get your iPad powering on once again.
- Follow the steps above to force quit and restart your device.
- If the force restart doesn’t work, try plugging in your device and let it charge for at least an hour.
- If your iPad starts to power on but gets stuck, plug it into a computer and follow the steps above to force restart to fix a frozen screen. When you get the option to Update or Restore select the Update function.
No Wi-Fi connection
There could be a few reasons for this, but there are solutions you can try.
- Make sure you are not too far away from the router. You may just be out of range, so move closer and make sure the router is turned on.
- Check your settings to be sure your Wi-Fi is toggled to On. Enter your Wi-Fi password if needed.
- Check your Settings to see if there is an issue with the Wi-Fi connection. Your iPad may alert you to issues it detects with the Wi-Fi service or connection.
- Examine the hardware of your router. Once you have made certain it is on, check the cables and be sure the router is connected to the modem.
- Try resetting your network settings on your device. Go to Settings > Reset and choose Reset Network Settings. This will reset passwords as well so you will need to re-enter them as needed.
- If all else fails restart your device, and contact your internet provider if the issue persists.
Beyond iPad Screen Repair
ClickAway is a full-service computer repair, phone repair, network installation and IT services company. Above all, we provide professional and helpful customer care for all your home, personal, or small business technology needs. ClickAway combines all your tech needs in one stop. Just watch some of the issues our technicians face every day.
Let our certified technicians help you.
We make your tech buys more secure.
We can come to your home or business.