Award Winning Data Recovery Services
Those family photos and digital memories, that novel you were working on, or the proposal for your most important client appear to be gone forever. ClickAway works quickly to recover your priceless data and lost files.
Data recovery for business
Data recovery services for business and server environments bring a plethora of new challenges and complexities to a recovery technician such as RAID storage arrays, antiquated or proprietary file systems, monolithic databases, and encrypted files and file systems. Many companies will turn away such challenges, and often refer them to specialists such as ClickAway. We love these tough jobs and have the experience and resources to handle anything that comes our way.
ClickAway tips – transfer files from PC to PC
Don’t leave any data behind when you crack open a brand new laptop. Moving to a new Windows 10 PC is an exciting time. But you might be wondering how to transfer data from PC to PC. Your familiar files and settings can’t be lost! To ease your transition between the old an new PC, here are seven ways you can transfer your data from an old PC to a new PC. ClickAway offers data transfer services if you’d rather have us do it for you.
- Use OneDrive to transfer your data. One of the easiest ways to back up and transfer files from pc to pc is to use the cloud storage service OneDrive. If you have a Microsoft account, you automatically get 5GB of storage for free.
This isn’t a lot of space for a backup, especially if your old PC has been around for a long time, but there are affordable options with much more storage. 100GB of space will cost you about $2 per month, while 1TB of space will cost you about $7 per month and get you a Personal subscription to Office 365.
Transfer files from pc to pc is easy as long as you have an internet connection, and you can enjoy knowing that your data is protected from hard drive failure. The only downside here is that your applications and settings won’t make the trip over to your new PC. ClickAway, however, will make sure your applications and settings are exactly as you want them after we transfer files from pc to pc.
- Use an external hard drive to transfer your data. Using an external hard drive to transfer your data from an old PC to a new PC also gives you a backup of your data in case things go wrong. This mostly manual process might take a bit longer, but if you already have an external drive lying around, you can transfer your files without spending more money. opens in a new windowClickAway offers great prices on new solid state and regular external hard drives.
All you have to do is plug your hard drive into your old PC, move your files and folders from your old PC onto the drive, then plug it into your new PC and reverse the transfer process. Note that using an external hard drive does not let you transfer your Windows settings or applications — this is a method for moving your files and folders only.
- Use a transfer cable to transfer your data. If you don’t want to subscribe to cloud storage services or spend the money on an external hard drive, there is a relatively cheap option that lets you transfer your data between Windows XP all the way up to Windows 10.
This Windows transfer cable from Plugable costs about $40 and uses two USB-A 3.0 male connectors to plug into each PC. Once the PCs are connected, the included software will move you through transferring your files, settings, user accounts, and folders.
- Use PCmover to transfer your data. Back in the days of Windows 7 and Windows 8, Microsoft had a service called Easy Transfer that allowed users to move their files and settings between PCs using either a physical USB transfer cable, a set of DVDs, an external hard drive, or a network.
Unfortunately, Easy Transfer was scrapped in Windows 10, but you’ve not been abandoned completely — Microsoft partnered up with Laplink PCmover to duplicate that functionality, except now it’s no longer free.
This version of PCmover does not allow for full application transfer between PCs. It is compatible with Windows OSes between, and including, Windows XP and Windows 10. Keep in mind that PCmover does not create a backup of your files when they are transferred.
- PCmover Professional. PCmover Professional will cost you more for a single-move license, but if you also want to transfer your applications, you’ll want to go with this option. It works essentially the same as PCmover Express, except you can choose which applications to move and your folders, user profiles, files, and settings. It also has 24/7 assistance in case anything goes wrong.
This works on Windows operating systems between and including Windows XP and Windows 10. Keep in mind that PCmover does not create a backup of your files when they are transferred.
- Use Macrium Reflect to clone your hard drive. Cloning a hard drive allows you to create an exact replica of your old drive on a new drive, whether external or internal. As soon as a clone is created, it should be ready to boot on the new PC.
- Use Nearby sharing instead of HomeGroup. With the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, HomeGroup was retired instead of a new feature called Nearby sharing that uses Bluetooth to transfer files between PCs nearby. It should be enabled by default on your PC, and you can tweak settings to have everything set up exactly how you’d like.
- Use Flip Transfer for quick, free sharing. If you’re looking to quickly and easily transfer up to 50 files (each less than 250MB in size) at a time, Flip Transfer can get the job done for free. Just visit the opens in a new windowFlip Transfer website in your preferred browser, drag and drop some files, then access and download them on a different PC using a unique FLIP-ID.
Data Recovery for Individuals - Not a DIY project
Before you invest time and money in software programs that claim to recover data, you need to know that this is a complex undertaking.
Our experts will do a diagnostic of your device and advice you on what the next steps are. This will determine the reason for the data loss and how much data can be recovered. Keep in mind, some diagnostics take up to 24 hours to finish. We have a high rate of success, but there are some cases where all data may not be recovered. In those cases, our experts will provide you with different options and solutions.
Data Recovery Success Stories
- Local Backup Solutions
- Cloud Backup Solutions
- Server Backup Solutions
- Business Backup Consulting
- Local Storage Solutions
- Cloud Storage Solutions
- Server Storage Solutions
- Business Storage Consulting
Your personal photos are often the most valuable digital assets you own, arguably taking precedent over vital business documents and records.
ClickAway has brought to life thousands of photo albums that were once believed gone forever. Even after being told by other companies that the data was unrecoverable, we have been able to help. Get a quote for photo recovery today.
Emergency Data Recovery
For most people, damage resulting from fires, floods, malware infections and accidental disk wipes may seem like the end of your data and a reason to panic. But for ClickAway data recovery services, these are typical scenarios successfully tackled on a daily basis.
You name it, we've seen it, and we can save it. Schedule an appointment today.
Opening a hard drive in a standard office atmosphere exposes your drive's delicate components to a wide array of contaminates. A single dust particle on your disk is all it takes to cause catastrophic and irreversible damage to your data.
ClickAway offers data recovery services performed in a Certified ISO Class 5 Cleanroom Environment conforming to Federal Cleanroom Standards.
Cyber criminals sunk to an all time low when they released ransomware into the wild. Ransomware encrypts your data and holds it hostage until you pay a hefty fee, sometimes over $10,000. Criminals will take the money and run, leaving you stranded. Refuse to fund these terrorists, and come to us. ClickAway has helped countless clients recover their data and avoid paying hefty ransomware fees.
Free Basic Diagnostics
We also give a free basic diagnostics.
We offer price matching on services, new purchases and trade-ins
We Come To You
Repair in your home or business or in our Bay Area shops
Recovery depends on many factors. We can determine the best solution to get your information back where it belongs. Since 2002, ClickAway has been the industry leader in data recovery services with over a 98% success rate. We are so confident in our service, we offer a money back guarantee to ensure if you're not satisfied with the results, you don't pay a dime. And like all of our services we offer, you will never be asked to pay for an estimate, shipping, pick up or drop off fees.
If your computer crashed today, would you be prepared?
Get peace of mind today with our data backup services! One-time backup: up to 2GB, includes personal flash drive – only $79 in-store. We can set your computer up to do ongoing scheduled backups. This service includes a 500 GB external hard drive and labor – only $199 in-home or in-office! Don’t delay – call the store nearest you today!
*Nominal convenience fee applies for locations outside the basic 3-mile service area.
We can help you store all your sensitive data on CDs, HDs, Flash drives, and more.
Need more space? We’ll help you evaluate different data storage options to choose the solution best suited to your specific needs.
Options For Data Storage Include:
- Cloud storage
- Flash drives
- Hard drives and SSD
Contact your ClickAway service technician for more details and to learn more about which storage solution is best for you and your company.
Drive Replacement & Data Transfer
Don’t lose your old files, let our data migration experts help you migrate your data to your new computer or storage device.
ClickAway is not just an authorized reseller for Dell, Lenovo, HP, and more, we can also transfer your files from your old computer to your new one for one low price! Starting at $69 for the first 4GB! We will also help you upgrade, replace, or add a secondary storage device to your laptop or desktop computer.
Clone old hard drive files exactly where you need them to be, keeping programs and data intact: Don’t worry! Even when we replace a failing hard drive, we can usually clone its contents to a new one. No confusion, no missing files, no disruption! Just $99 in-store!
Thinking about getting a new smartphone? We can help! We have been helping consumers and business professionals with new handheld devices for years! For instance, our experienced data recovery specialists use specific tools and have extensive knowledge to recover the missing data from your hard drive.
Since 2002, ClickAway has been the industry leader in data recovery services with over a 98% success rate. And like all of our services we offer, you will never be asked to pay for an estimate, shipping, pick up or drop off fees.
Our Data Recovery Services:
- Determine the reason for the data loss and how much data we can recover. We have a high rate of success, but there are some cases where all data may not be recovered.
- Get back lost files from your Mac or PC laptop, desktop, tablet, phone or other external hard drives due to damage caused by electrical or physical damage to a hard drive, or other factors such as viruses or malware.
- Recover missing or corrupted individual files from your computer.
- Repair your computer, or help you obtain and set up a new one.
- Advise you on ways to backup your data safely so in the event of a future crash, your information is protected.
- Transfer files from just about any device to any device.