SSD Upgrade - Low Price Guarantee - Free Pickup!
SSD Upgrade - Hard Drive Replacements
- Running slow
- Low disk space warnings
- Freezing apps
- Slow internet browser performance
- Spinning cursor
- Long boot times
- Poor gaming performance
- Free Estimate
Steps To Fix Hard Drive Failure
You turn your computer on and nothing happens. The first feeling you experience is panic, and then it moves to fear. The fear is that your data is gone and there is nothing you can do. But don’t panic. There are steps you can take to fix a hard drive failure. You can always call opens in a new windowClickAway for a free quote to get your data recovered by a professional technician. We have the tools and the know-how necessary to recover as much of your data as possible from your damaged hard drive. First, let’s discuss the recovery steps.
- Clean Out the Computer Vents
Over time, dust and debris will visibly clog up the vents on your computer. When your computer vents are clogged, air cannot flow properly through your computer case and your computer can overheat. Clean out your vents and let your computer sit overnight to cool off. As long as there is no serious damage, it should start right up the next day. ClickAway also provides a computer cleaning service if you prefer to have us do it to fix hard drive failure.
- Check the Power and Data Cables
Your hard drive has power and data cables that connect to it from the computer power supply and motherboard. Open your case and check these cables at both ends. One of the key things to remember when learning how to fix hard drive failure is to check everything. Never assume it is your hard drive that is having problems because it could be something else in your computer.
If your power and data cables are plugged in properly to your hard drive and those cables are not frayed, then check the other ends. Your hard drive’s power cable could be frayed at the power supply. If that is the case, then use a different power plug from your power supply. If the data cable is bad, then replace it.
- Check Your Bios
Your problem could be your operating system. As your computer powers up, it will give you a prompt telling you what button to press to get into the BIOS. Press that button and then make sure the computer is seeing your hard drive. If the hard drive is being recognized by the BIOS, then it is an issue with your operating system. You may be able to find a fix online, or you may need to bring your computer to a technician.
- Listen for Sounds
If your computer beeps when you turn it on or you hear a loud clicking noise, then you need get your computer to one of our certified technicians immediately. Whenever your operating system is on, it is writing to and reading from your drive. The longer you allow the damaged drive to try and run your operating system, the more data you could be losing. Instead of taking any chances, we strongly recommend that you give ClickAway a call and set up a time to bring your computer in and allow us to recover your data for you.
You’ll need to replace the hard drive in your computer for one of two reasons: either your current drive has experienced a hardware failure and needs replaced or you want to upgrade your primary hard drive for increased speed or capacity. Replacing the hard drive is a pretty easy task that anyone can complete with a little help. ClickAway hard drive upgrade services is always here if you need us.
Steps to replace the hard drive
- First, you’ll need to back up any data you want to keep, uninstall the old hard drive, install the new hard drive, and then restore the backed up data. Backing up the data you want to keep is the most important step in this process! The hard drive isn’t the valuable thing—it’s the priceless files you’ve created and collected over the years. Backing up could mean something as simple as copying files you want over to a large flash drive or other storage you’re not using. Better yet, if you’re not backing up regularly already, use this as an opportunity to start with a cloud backup service so you never even run the chance of losing a file again.
- Uninstalling the existing hard drive is easy. Make sure your computer is turned off and then disconnect the hard drive and physically remove it. The details here depend on the type of computer you have but in general, this means removing data and power cables or sliding the hard drive out from the bay that it’s installed into.
- Installing the new hard drive is as simple as reversing the steps you took to uninstall the one you’re replacing! Secure the drive where the old one was before and then reconnect the same power and data cables.
- Once your computer is back on, it’s time to format the hard drive so it’s ready to store files. Once that’s done, copy the data you backed up to the new drive and you’re set!
Call us: 1-800-960-9030opens phone dialer
Your Place or Ours?
We can come to your home or business to upgrade your computer with a new Solid State Drive.
More On Hard Drive Replacement
One of the quickest and most cost effective performance upgrades to your laptop or desktop computer is an SSD upgrade. For as little as $99 you can give up to a 10x performance increase to your computer. ClickAway's repair experts are here to help! Our certified technicians can upgrade your laptop or desktop's hard drive or replace it with a blazing fast SSD and get you up and running quickly. If your new computer takes a long time to boot up, that's likely because it runs on a regular hard drive. This is also the case of most older computers. The good news is that swapping out the drives is quite easy to do and not too expensive either, thanks to the fact that SSDs are now much more affordable than they were a few years ago.
Looking to turbocharge an aging laptop? An SSD upgrade is not only effective, but nowadays, it can be downright cheap. SATA drives, M.2 SSDs, PCI Express, NVMe: ClickAway can tell you everything you need to know about laptop SSD upgrades
- Lenovo ThinkPad, HP, Dell, and Toshiba laptop SSD upgrades starting at only *$99
- Desktop SSD upgrades starting at only *$99
*Not applicable to all models as part prices will vary with drive types and capacity.
MacBook Pro Hard Drive Replacement or
Install New Hard Drive Windows 10
There are many ways to make a slow laptop faster, but few are as easy and cost-effective as replacing your existing hard drive with SSD upgrades. Even student laptops benefit from SSD upgrades. Making the swap will, in most cases, dramatically reduce the time it takes to boot Windows, load programs, and perform any activity that involves significant amounts of disk access (video editing, gaming, transferring files, etc.). When I swapped out my hard drive for an SSD, my Windows boot time dropped from a very-painful almost 10 minutes to well under a minute. And programs like Adobe Photoshop that could take a minute or more to open, now open in seconds. Your old computer won’t just be as good as new; it will be better than it ever was.
With an SSD, you’ll also get the added advantage of greater ruggedness (SSDs are much less susceptible to damage from drops than hard drives because they have no moving parts), better battery life and quieter operation.
Despite the advantages of SSDs, in the past, upgrading wasn’t an attractive option for many people because of the high cost. But with 1TB SSDs now available for around $100, it’s almost silly not to make the switch. We run a cloning program (which literally makes a clone of your existing drive, so your operating system, your programs and settings, and all your files will be exactly the same and ready to go on your new drive).
Here are the simple steps we take to swap out your hard drive for an SSD.
- Buy an SSD from ClickAway
- We transfer data to the new SSD
- We clone your HD for security
- We install the SSD & related software
ClickAway is a full-service computer repair, phone repair, network installation and IT services company. Above all, we provide professional and opens in a new windowClickAway Repairs Computers for all your home, personal, or small business technology needs. ClickAway combines all your tech needs in one stop. We are just a click away for new purchases, repair service or if you simply have a question.