We can’t stop laughing at all the funny things people say and do on Zoom and Google Duo meetings. At first, we thought this would pass but with distance learning starting up again, funny keeps happening. And we need a little funny these days. At ClickAway we continue to fix your home internet, computers and laptops. Meanwhile, enjoy our roundup of quotes and memes about Zoom meetings. BTW we have no laptop shortages on new or refurbished laptops in our stores.
The Actual Zoom Meeting Schedule
- 1:00-1:05 – Waiting for host to start the meeting
- 1:06 – The group discovers virtual backgrounds
- 1:07 – Someone really struggling with audio
- 1:09 – Let me try headhphones
- 1:10 – Everyone holds up their cats
- 1:15-1:25 – Actual meeting time
- 1:30 – “Stay safe!”
Out Of The Mouths Of Babes
- Overhead in my daughter’s Zoom class: “Go ahead and put your lizard away and we’ll get started on our math.”
- Overheard in a kindergarten zoom call: “Well, my dad has the Coronavirus, we are in the Hamptons, we can’t go to the beach but my dad let me drink his beer.”
- Overheard my daughter, doing a Zoom meeting with her kindergarten class, saying, with the weariness of an adult, “Clark, you’re muted.”
- Every video meeting so far: “I’m sorry, you go…” “no, sorry I-“ “Well what I was sayi-“ “I’m sorry, were you saying something?” “Go ahead, no sorry, you go…”
- Apparently, we have a family video call set for Sunday at 2pm where we are all going to play Pictionary. For the love of God, find a vaccine.”
- Working from home with my boyfriend on constant work calls. I am not even one inch closer to understanding what he does for a living.”
- If you own a dog or cat, you know that sometimes vomit happens. It could be due to an upset stomach, or maybe it’s just a reaction to something strange you ate earlier in the day. Most people don’t need to deal with these types of issues at work. But now? Now it’s a whole new world.
- Join meeting – unmute to speak – washing machine starts spinning – hurriedly get up to escape the noise – not realise charger is plugged in – proceed to loudly knock pint of water + cup of coffee all over *everything* – …continue speaking calmly as if nothing happened.