Here at ClickAway, we’ve been told by state authorities we are an essential business and to remain open during the Coronavirus shelter-in-place orders. Home office services such as connectivity and well-functioning computers are essential to our new and expanding remote work force in the Bay Area. Requests have increased for our home cabling, internet improvement and home computer repair services. Rest assured, our doors will remain open and we have instituted strict biosafety procedures that are summarized below. We will also continue to service our customers in their homes and businesses using the same safety procedures. However, we will adjust our efforts per CDC guidelines if conditions worsen.
ClickAway – An “Essential Business”
ClickAway continues to closely monitor developments related to the current outbreak of the Coronavirus known as COVID-19. Leadership is in daily conversations and performing day-to-day analysis in order to protect the health and well-being of our employees and customers.
In an effort to properly care for customers, ClickAway has implemented additional disinfecting and deep-cleaning processes within its retail facilities and corporate offices including: disinfecting all solid surfaces in showrooms, inventory rooms, bathrooms, devices, and “high touch” surface areas.
According to Rick Sutherland, CEO, “We are doing everything in our power to safely provide products and services for our customers while caring for the well-being of our employees. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the guidance we receive from the CDC. In the meantime, we have a responsibility to our team members, our stores, and our communities to serve them and provide them with clear and effective leadership during this time.”
What else is staying open?
“Essential business” includes grocery stores, food banks, pharmacies, restaurants for takeout food and delivery only, veterinary services, pet-food stores, gas stations, auto repair shops, hardware and other home-supply stores and home repair services, banks and laundry services.
Full List of “Essential Businesses”
- Healthcare Operations and Essential Business Infrastructure;
- Grocery stores, certified farmers’ markets, farm and produce stands, supermarkets, food banks, convenience stores, and other establishments engaged in the retail sale of canned food, dry goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, pet supply, fresh meats, fish, and poultry, and any other household consumer products (such as cleaning and personal care products). This includes stores that sell groceries and also sell other non-grocery products, and products necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences;
- Food cultivation, including farming, livestock, and fishing;
- Businesses that provide food, shelter, and social services, and other necessities of life for economically disadvantaged or otherwise needy individuals;
- Newspapers, television, radio, and other media services;
- Gas stations and auto-supply, auto-repair, and related facilities;
- Banks and related financial institutions;
- Hardware stores;
- Plumbers, electricians, exterminators, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences, Essential Activities, and Essential Businesses;
- Businesses providing mailing and shipping services, including post office boxes;
- Educational institutions-including public and private K-12 schools, colleges, and universities-for purposes of facilitating distance learning or performing essential functions, provided that social distancing of six-feet per person is maintained to the greatest extent possible;
- Laundromats, drycleaners, and laundry service providers;
- Restaurants and other facilities that prepare and serve food, but only for delivery or carry out. Schools and other entities that typically provide free food services to students or members of the public may continue to do so under this Order on the condition that the food is provided to students or members of the public on a pick-up and take-away basis only. Schools and other entities that provide food services under this exemption shall not permit the food to be eaten at the site where it is provided, or at any other gathering site;
- Businesses that supply products needed for people to work from home;
- Businesses that supply other essential businesses with the support or supplies necessary to operate;
- Businesses that ship or deliver groceries, food, goods or services directly to residences;
- Airlines, taxis, and other private transportation providers providing transportation services necessary for Essential Activities and other purposes expressly authorized in this Order;
- Home-based care for seniors, adults, or children;
- Residential facilities and shelters for seniors, adults, and children;
- Professional services, such as legal or accounting services, when necessary to assist in compliance with legally mandated activities;
- Childcare facilities providing services that enable employees exempted in this Order to work as permitted. To the extent possible, childcare facilities must operate under the following mandatory conditions:
- Childcare must be carried out in stable groups of 12 or fewer (“stable” means that the same 12 or fewer children are in the same group each day).
- Children shall not change from one group to another.
- If more than one group of children is cared for at one facility, each group shall be in a separate Groups shall not mix with each other.
- Childcare providers shall remain solely with one group of children.
ClickAway is a full-service computer repair, phone repair, network installation and IT services company. Above all, we provide professional and helpful customer care for all your home, personal, or small business technology needs. ClickAway combines all your tech needs in one stop. We are just a click away for new purchases, repair service or if you simply have a question.