Common Notebook Problems
Computer terminology changes in weird ways which we sometimes don’t recognize until the new terminology is already part of our lexicon. Think about it: there was a time, not too long ago, when you could ask someone to “Google it” and they’d be confused. Another example of that is “Notebook.” At one point I wasn’t entirely sure if a notebook was a specific brand of computer, a general type of computer, or just a name.
Slowly, and partly by Googling, I realized that it was just a smaller type of laptop, lighter and thinner, and that the majority of laptops were now just called notebooks. Originally, the tradeoff was fewer features and less memory, but now notebooks are just as fast and powerful as any laptop. At ClickAway, we can fix common notebook problems and the bigger ones, so that your life won’t need to be interrupted.
What Is a Notebook?
Before we get too deep into the common problems, we should define a notebook. Basically, it is an extremely lightweight personal computer. Think of it like this. The PC was designed for your desk, and a laptop was a PC that could obviously fit on your lap. The notebook took this a step further, and was designed to fit easily into a bag or a briefcase—like a paper notebook. Years ago, there was always a tradeoff between size and functionality, but the insane reduction in the size of microchips and processors in recent years, combined with the unreal increase in their computing power, made that a moot issue.
It’s helpful not to think of all of these as radically different products, just stages on a continuum. The notebook is the same thing as your PC and laptop, only smaller. Here are a few of the more popular ones, with a little preview of our ClickAway reviews.
Lenovo ThinkPad t540p: Run meetings, create documents, crunch numbers, and prep stellar presentations – the T540p is your affordable laptop solution.
Hp Pavilion 15 Notebook: With a large 15.6 inch screen and 1366 x 768 resolution, the HP Pavilion 15 fulfills all your business and work needs.
Apple MacBook Air: Apple keeps improving on their signature lightweight laptop, making it more portable and easier to manage without sacrificing any of the speed and usability you expect.
Apple MacBook Pro: The MacBook Pro is the Apple laptop that changed the way we looked at laptops
More Common Notebook Problems
While notebooks are awesome, there are always things that can go wrong with them, as any Bay Area small business or resident knows. When that happens, it can put a serious crimp in your plans. Here are a few of the things that can go wrong with your notebook, and how ClickAway can help to repair them.
- Hard drive replacement. Sometimes your hard drive can get corrupted, especially if you have dropped your notebook, spilled something on it, or even downloaded a virus. You don’t always need a new device. We can replace your hard-drive, and make it run again.
- Memory replacement and recovery. Losing memory means lost data, and a damaged hard drive can make you despair of ever getting it back. The thing about computers, though, is that the information is in there, somewhere, unless there is total destruction. Our experts can help find it, retrieve it, and restore it.
- Keyboard repair and replacement. Although the keyboard seems inseparable from the notebook, it really isn’t, and a few bad keys isn’t any reason to give the whole thing the bum’s rush. We can repair the keyboard, or, if needed, swap it out with a functioning one.
- Motherboard or screen repair and replacement. Much like the keyboard, these can be fixed or replaced without having to send the notebook to the big sleep.
- Virus and spyware removal. A virus or spyware can cripple and even kill a Bay Area small business. It can also expose a home computer to slowdown and hacking possibilities. We can get your computers up and running again, like new, without the dangerous malware infecting your systems.
Your small business might rely on notebooks, or your home might run on one. Or maybe you just like having a notebook. All are 100% valid reasons to do your computing on a notebook, and in every case, you want them to be functioning effectively without expensive solutions for smaller issues. That’s where our diagnosticians come in. At ClickAway, we can identify and solve your common notebook problems without you breaking the bank. Nomenclature is always changing, but the principles of customer satisfaction never do. We pledge to always keep them.